Upper Peninsula Area Waterfalls & Attractions
Here you will find information on Upper Michigan Waterfalls & Upper Michigan Attractions! For a complete pictorial listing of waterfalls and lighthouses in the Munising area, click here: waterfalls and lighthouses.
Munising Area Waterfalls
- Alger Falls – 1 mile south of Munising Michigan, just off the road at the junction of M28 and M94
- Autrain Falls – Take M94 west to Forest Lake, go over the autrain River, take the first right, take the next right, turn left at the fork and park at the parking area, and follow the path.
- Bridal Veil Falls – Usually a spring run falls, best way to view this falls is by taking the boat cruise or plane tour from Munising.
- Chapel Falls – On H58, between Munising and Grand Marais, turn north on the first road east of the Melstrand store, right at the fork, 4 miles to the parking area.
- Chipmunk Falls – Private Property no access.
- Horseshoe Falls – The Horseshoe Falls are located in the Southeast portion of Munising Michigan. It is a privately run tourist attraction with a small admission fee for visitors. Location: Traveling from M-28 at the south edge of Munising, turn east onto Prospect Street, then left onto Bell.
- Laughing Whitefish Falls – Take M-94 to Sundell, go north 2 miles, after pavement ends-follow gravel a short ways, turn right, go to parking area.
- Memorial Falls – From Munising, take H58, go up the hill take a right on Nestor Street, go about a block to signs marking trail. Area is fragile must stay on trails!
- Miners Falls – From Munising, take H58 east to the sign for Miners Castle, turn north, go 4 miles, turn right, to parking lot.
- Mosquito Falls – Follow directions to Chapel Falls parking area, backtrack about 1/4 miles, take first right. This 2 track leads to Mosquito Falls, but is usually very muddy and hard to travel by vehicle. It is only a mile to the falls, so you may want to hike in.
- Munising Falls – From Munising, take H58 east, take fork to the left toward the hospital, parking lot is after the hospital on the right.
- Sable Falls – From Grand Marais, follow C700 west about 1 1/4 miles, as road curves left, go straight into parking area, tail to right.
- Scott Falls – On M28 about 5 miles west of Christmas, falls are on the south side of the road, just before Rathfoot Roadside Park.
- Spray Falls – These falls drop over cliffs into Lake Superior located 5 miles east of Melstrand on H58 to Beaver Lake Road. It is a 3 miles walk from the parking area. Since there are several converging trails in the area it is advised that a trail map be picked up at either of the 2 visitors centers located near both park entrances.
- Tannery Falls – From Munising, take H58 to Washington Street, park on Washington, walk back across H58 to the trail marked with a sign.
- Wagner Falls – From Munising, take M28 east turn west on M94, drive about 1/4 mile, road curves, parking lot left on the curve.
- Whitefish Falls – On US 41, 3.4 miles northwest of Trenary, turn south on dirt road that leads to campsites and short trail to the falls.